Almond Cream Confections is a simple, no bake dessert that can look so elegant when plated. I have won three dessert contests with this recipe! And every time I take it to a function or event, I have at least four people ask me for the recipe. Most are flabbergasted when they learn how simple they are to make.
If you are like me, no bake desserts are a must in the summertime. What sets Almond Cream Confections apart from light, fruity no bake desserts is they are perfect for any celebration all year round.
I recommend using a square of waxed paper to press the mixture firmly and evenly in the pan.
Using disposable foil pans makes it easier to remove the bars from the pan. When you are ready to plate the confections, snip each corner of the pan & gently pull the corners and sides down, being careful not to cut yourself. Use a large knife to cut into 36 squares. Then plate & drizzle the chocolate garnish.
Recipe for Almond Cream Confections
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds ( I use raw, but you can certainly toast them, if you’d like.)
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- In a heavy saucepan combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, & vanilla. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in coconut, almonds, & vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Press mixture in the bottom of an 8″ or 9″ square pan.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Once the cocoa almond layer has chilled for about an hour, make the cream filling below.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Place all four ingredients into mixing bowl & beat with electric mixer until smooth. Spread over almond mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour.
When ready to serve, melt 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in a plastic snack or sandwich bag. The easiest way to do this is to put the sealed bag of chocolate chips in a mug or bowl of hot water.
While the chocolate melts, remove the bars from the pan. If you use a foil pan, simply clip each corner with scissors and carefully pull the pan apart. Cut into 36 squares.
Arrange squares on a glass plate or platter. Snip off a corner of the snack or sandwich bag and drizzle over squares.
Alternate Chocolate Drizzle Option
Wilton, the number one brand for all things cake and candy making, has a wonderful set of candy/dessert decorating tools. One tip makes drizzling much simpler and more random looking. Another is great if your want to add initials rather than a drizzle. You can find the set at most craft stores or have Amazon it deliver it.
Another Yummy Recipe
Want another recipe that combines chocolate, coconut, and almonds? Try my Almond Joy Cookie recipe!