I recently realized that I have never shared my family’s pecan pie recipe. My mother found it in an old Betty Crocker cookbook decades ago & it’s been part of our family holiday traditions ever since.
The original recipe calls for one cup of pecans, but when I want pecan pie, I want pecans to be front & center, not an after thought. To me, using one cup just isn’t enough, so I’ve always used two cups.
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups pecans
- single pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with a whisk or fork.
- Add sugar & salt. Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in corn syrup & butter. Mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Place unbaked pie crust on a baking pan. Pour pecan mixture into pie shell. Place a pie ring over crust or loosely tent edges with strips of foil.
- Place pie in oven & bake for 25 minutes. Remove pie ring or foil & bake for 25 more minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean & pie edges are golden.