My daughter recently had several friends over to watch the premiere of Descendants 3 on the Disney Channel. To add to the festivities, I based all of the food on the previous two movies. If you are a Descendants fan, then you know that Mal puts a love spell on Ben with a chocolate chip cookie recipe that had walnuts and called for one tear of human sadness. For the party, I pulled out our favorite Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and turned it into One Tear of Human Sadness Cookies. I substituted walnuts for the pecans &, of course, did not add one tear of human sadness.
The original recipe calls for 3/4 cup of butter flavored Crisco. Sometimes, I substitute 3/4 cup butter for the Crisco. Typically, though, I use 1/2 cup Crisco & 1/4 cup butter because I like the texture better. Using all butter yields much flatter cookies that tend to be crisper than I like.
If you prefer your chocolate chip cookies without nuts, eliminate them and double the amount of chocolate chips to 2 cups.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cream shortening, butter, brown sugar, milk & vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Mix in egg.
- Combine flour, salt & baking soda in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls or cookie scoop 3″ apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
Visit my Descendants Party Food post to see more ideas for tying food in with the movies.
[…] used my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe for the One Tear of Human Sadness […]
[…] Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies […]