Zucchini Vegetable Chowder is the perfect in between summer and fall meal. The cream gives you the sense of a nice fall soup, yet it is light and uses up zucchini that is still coming in.
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon of granules or 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- onion powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a stockpot, saute the zucchini in butter until tender.
- 2. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in water. Add the bouillon, onion powder, parsley, basil, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- 3. Add the tomatoes. Return to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- 4. Add milk and corn. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Just before serving, add cheeses; stir until melted.
Looking for another yummy soup? Try Creamy Spinach & Potato Soup!